Assignment 1

I am Ryan Yip. My hobbies include videogames, anime, and video editing. I have been absent in the anime community, but I do watch some on occasion. I play games on both console and PC, but I do not own an xbox. I prefer console gaming because a controller feels more comfortable than a keyboard and mouse. I also record some games I play and post them on youtube. I do a lot of video editing to make the best video that I can produce at my skill level. On youtube I am known as LeafsShadow. My youtube channel is filled with videos that I did just for the fun of it. I treat it as a hobby, because I don’t want to take youtube of all things seriously. Here you can watch me play videogames with commentary. At the moment I am making videos with a Pokemon Colosseum commentary walkthrough (yes that is how they spelled it in the title of the game) and Vindictus videos that I do on public games. I am very new to making youtube content, but it is a new experience for me and I like it. I upload videos when I have a video to upload. I honestly hate taking things seriously. That’s why I hate playing “Call of Duty” and other games that people take seriously. I like games where I can mess around and do what I think is fun.

My avatar is my character on Maple Story.  I could not find a picture of my character because I uninstalled the game, but I managed to find a close match to use as my avatar. He is an archer from a town called Henesys on Maple Island. He uses a bow and arrows as his weapon to hunt and go on adventures with. He becomes high maintenance after you realize that the price of arrows are fairly high and how they are a necessity to his attacks, but that becomes irrelevant later in the game, because enemies start dropping arrows around the mid-game.

I chose him because he is a character I have built in the Maple world. I have put time and effort made him to be great character. There’s no one better to represent me then a character I made.  He enjoys adventuring, but hates being around other people. He tries to make to sell anything he comes across in his adventures including mushroom caps and whatever else he can get from the local wildlife. He is a skilled archer that can apparently cause an arrow to pierce threw enemies hitting multiple targets for no apparent reason. He uses this rather often and shoots indiscriminately. He does all of these things because I control him as a player and make decisions for him.

The profile I made is to represent me while I work on the OpenLab. When people view me using OpenLab they will know me by my profile. This is how other people will see me on OpenLab. I’ve used a character that is different from my peers. He is a character that I have built and I am proud of the resulting character. My character should be the one to represent me on the OpenLab.