Virtual Museum Visit

The  virtual museum exhibition that I viewed was Artist in their times Korean modern and contemporary art from 1900s to 1970s at the National museum of modern and contemporary art, Korea. This exhibit features a series of artworks that falls into the categories of modern and contemporary art. Modern art is creatively adapting to innovative ideas and concepts. Modern artist  try to capture the subject as using their specific perspective.  

The first art piece that I saw was called “Untitled” created by Kwon Youngwoo. This is an abstract painting. This piece was created in 1985. The dimensions are 224cm x 170cm. The median is gouache ink/ink on paper. This piece is created by tearing holes into paper and squeezing paint onto the paper causing the paint to drip down the sheet of paper. This art piece caught my attention because it is abstract and unique.  

The second piece that I looked at was called “Deoksu Palace-Seoul” created by IM Sangbin. This is a representational piece. This piece was created in 2009/2010. The dimensions are 137cm x 86.5cm. The median is digital chromogenic color print. This art piece was created by combing two different communities to create a composition. This art piece caught my attention because it is a great example of how to create a diverse composition. 

The final art piece that I looked at was called “Calla” created by Lee Insung. This is a representational painting. Insung used white calla lilies in his painting which can be looked at as showing a sense of freedom for his country from Japan. This piece was created in 1932. The dimensions are 38cm x 29cm. The median is watercolor on paper. This painting uses watercolor and some aspects of oil painting. This art piece caught my attention because of its use of different colors and attention to detail of the flowers.  

Even though some people enjoy going to museums, I believe having the ability to view virtual exhibits allows you to see exhibits from all over the world. You also can go back and view a piece that you might have missed the first time or get more information about a piece that you saw.