AIGA First Visit

I want to start off by saying how inspired I was and still am by the artists I learned about on the day of the trip.  Although I am bad at remembering names I still feel each of the things I learned about their many accomplishments in design has further shown me what it means to be not only a graphic design student but also a professional graphic designer.

I enjoyed the feeling of rebelliousness to the norm that so many of the great designers have had both years ago and today.  The archives I feel were the most inspiring because of the way we got to see how each artist challenged the world around them to see a message in a way never done before.  It showed me how every page, every sign, and every letter that is shown to somebody can have its own unique lasting impact.

I also enjoyed learning about the various forms of design that we take for granted that has influenced us for our entire lives.  Examples from the trip that come to mind are the New York coffee cups, the “I <3 NY” t-shirt design, and even ballots for voting on Election Day.  One day I hope that my designs will help mold a generation such as the ones above have done for me.

In conclusion, I learned how to appreciate every color, every picture, and every letter that is presented for my viewing in any way.  I now realize what an awesome piece of art we live in, due to the design work of so many people before us.  I do plan to join AIGA soon, and one day become a well known member of the graphic design community.