Philosophy

My Philosophy of Nursing

Nursing represents a strong commitment towards those who are seeking care and to whom services should be provided in a devoted and compassionate manner. Nursing does not discriminate; its mission is to provide care to all patients, regardless of their gender, religion, ethnicity or spoken language. Nursing recognizes that every patient is unique and that his/her needs and concerns should be addressed in a sensitive and nonjudgmental manner. Because I understand that culture influences the way how people define wellness and illness, I drive my practice led by Madeleine Leininger’s Transcultural Nursing Theory. Also, nursing is innovation and improvement. Because technology and science are constantly evolving, nursing must stay current about the most effective evidence-based methods of practice, so that they could be safely applied in the clinical area. However, nursing’s most vital responsibility and ultimate goal is to advocate for people and provide them with the necessary means to facilitate restoration of their health to the highest level of functioning in a safe environment.