Group Member 1 Response on: Graffiti as History, Graffiti as Art

Graffiti has a sense of history because it paints a picture of a story. It can last for a long time or different people can add on to it or cover it up. I have seen amazing paintings students do on the cafeteria in high school, up to the walls behind the school, on the walls in art classrooms and on the stage as a backdrop for a show. I have seen spectacular graffiti paintings. It brings the area a sense of blast from the past. And it is sad when it gets painted over from years of being displayed. Without early graffiti we would not get to learn much about the past and be able to advance. Sometimes some of us do not have time to visit a museum and the only place to see handmade art is outside. I think graffiti is art, if you have ever checked out 5Pointz Aerosol Art Center in Queens it is an amazing place to visit, especially inside; the walls and stairs is covered up with graffiti. Unfortunately, I heard someone wants to close it down. It is a shame how some sees this place with no significance yet others travel from all over the world to come here to display their talent. Hopefully Barry McGee and Margaret Kilgallen can continue to show people that graffiti paintings can be a beautiful thing to see if it was done legally of course.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.