2014 Spring ARCH 1230 PROFESSORSPROF. SUDWEEKS PROF. SIKKA PROF. MISHARA PROF. MONTGOMERY
July 2020 M T W T F S S « Oct 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- The Zhang Yan Cultural Museum by Horizontal DesignShenzhen-based designer Ju Bin's first ground-up project emerges from the ruins of a historic village outside Shanghai. Watch a video about the project below.
- USC Architecture and Getty Research Institute Acquire Archive of Paul Revere WilliamsThe collection includes some 35,000 plans and 10,000 original drawings of built and unbuilt work and will become a cornerstone of the Getty’s African American Art History Initiative.
- Mental Health Pavilion at El Camino Hospital by WRNS StudioA San Francisco–based firm infuses the calming effects of nature into a mental health and addiction services facility at a Silicon Valley hospital.
- Institute of Hearing Lab by VIB ArchitectureA local firm creates a striking public face for the Institut de l’audition's new cross-disciplinary research center in central Paris.
- The Zayed Centre by Stanton WilliamsA new research facility for the study of rare diseases in children is now part of London’s Great Ormond Street Hospital.
- Hospital Expansion at the University of Virginia by Perkins and WillThe flexible design of a hospital expansion at the University of Virginia swiftly adapted to the COVID-19 crisis before its opening.
- July 2020 Editorial: Architects Must Respond to the Ongoing Crisis of Racism in AmericaThe ranks of architects must open up to many more African Americans in education, practice, and leadership—and must collaborate with Black communities to push for real change in the built environment.
- Surface Protection from all AnglesTedlar® films have been chosen in a wide variety of applications such as exterior and interior metal panels, architectural fabrics, graphics signage, wallcoverings, and even aircraft interiors due to its unique properties.
- Continuing Education: Antimicrobials in the Built EnvironmentA look at microbe-attacking additives in building materials and finishes in the COVID-19 era.
- Protests Take Aim at Confederate MonumentsAs citizens and officials remove statues across the country, RECORD speaks with architectural historians and preservationists about the role of such artifacts.
- The Zhang Yan Cultural Museum by Horizontal Design