CON-NECTION PROJECT PROPOSAL

This page is where information can be found regarding my
CON-NECTION Project Proposal.

INTRODUCTION

CON-NECTION is a game about experiencing connections in an inconsequential space, where the player will learn about setting boundaries and experience at least two different types of social interaction throughout the course of the game. One being real connections and the second being “con-nections”. This game is meant to be a social commentary on establishing connection in a world that has become so dependent on constant connectivity and how that constant connectivity can become a toxic environment. CON-NECTION is a game about the difficulty of developing connections in today’s society.

METHODS

1. Culmination Project Approval
  2.  Writing and Developing Story
  3.  Twine Research
  4.  Translating Story into Twine
  5.  Programming
  6.  Playtesting
  7.  Refining
  8.  Finalizing

DELIVERABLES

1. CON-NECTION Twine Game
  2. Progress Reports
  3. Presentations
  4. Final Presentation
  5. Citation List

REQUIRED RESOURCES

1. Twine
  2. Monday.com
  3. Desktop Computer
  4. Aseprite 
  5. Macbook 
  6. itch.io

BUDGET

The project costed me $0.00.

GANTT CHART

CONCLUSION

In conclusion, CON-NECTION is a game that challenged me and allowed me to explore my own creativity. Having created CON-NECTION it serves as a portfolio piece that shows my artistic and writing skills, especially since CON-NECTION is a non-linear story. With the experience, I have gained throughout the process of creating CON-NECTION, I have greater knowledge and understanding of myself and the creative process it takes to make games as well. I am hoping that this project brings attention to my writing skills and artistic vision. This experience definitely will have a large impact on my planning and strategies going forward in my career. Thus, developing both my time management, creative, and research/work ethic skills.