PygLatin

Lab Description:

For this assignment, students learned about boolean expressions, logical operators, modulus operators and conditional executions. On CodeAcademy, I worked on a unit based on True/False statements aka boolean expressions. This unit involved modulus operators which is a percent sign and when I use the percent sign, it acts like a quotient except the result prints out as the remainder of the two numbers. For my homework assignment, I was working on a new unit called PygLatin. PygLatin allows programmers to alter the English language using various codes. When I was working on this unit, I ran into quite a few syntax errors where I indented wrong and I forgot to include colons next to certain words like else. I had to make sure everything I wrote was written correctly so that the code can run. Then there were some errors where I forget to create the variable called new_word. So in order to complete each section of the unit, I had to make sure there were no errors in my coding. Also in lesson 9 and 10, I forgot to add the strings word, first and pyg. I didn’t add them and python gave me an error that said I didn’t create a variable called new_word. So I knew something was wrong. Once I fixed the error, the code ran and I was able to write a word next to the original. PygLatin(6)PygLatin(7)PygLatin(3)PygLatin(4)PygLatin(5)PygLatin(8)PygLatin(9)PygLatin(10)PygLatin(1)PygLatin(2)