A Day at the Supermarket!

A Day at the Supermarket(1) A Day at the Supermarket(2) A Day at the Supermarket(3) A Day at the Supermarket(4) A Day at the Supermarket(5) A Day at the Supermarket(6) A Day at the Supermarket(7) A Day at the Supermarket(8) A Day at the Supermarket(9) A Day at the Supermarket(10) A Day at the Supermarket(11) A Day at the Supermarket(12) A Day at the Supermarket(13)

Lab Description:

For today’s lab, we learned about lists and dictionaries. We learned about built-in dictionary functions and methods and how we can update dictionaries. The function dict creates a dictionary with no items and it should not be used as a variable since it’s a built-in function. To add items into the dictionary, students must use square brackets [] or {}. I used the method key in this unit on code academy and it basically returns a view of the keys in the dictionary. Values do the same thing as if you want Python to print out the items in the dictionary. There was a lot of for loops in this unit and I was able to print out certain strings in the beginning of the unit. Later on, it gets a little more intense and I’ve made quite a few errors due to indentation and incorrect functions. So it’s important to always indent after each function or colon or else an error will pop up and I will need to check for the mistake I have made which takes minutes if I don’t understand the error. Overall, this unit was exciting but it was a bit complicated. Just got to make sure spelling is correct and indent correctly.