Academics/Learning Self

On this page, give an overview of your academic goals and the contents of this section.

Use the sub-section pages to add a selection of your best academic work and experiences, such as research papers, presentations, internships, student clubs, photographs, creative writing, or other coursework that you are proud of.

My learning at City Tech and the experience thus far has been different than at LaGuardia community College. Earning my Asspociates degree there it involved many hours of studying and being stuck to a text book however, here at City Tech, earning my Baccalaureate program has included more clinical experiences to add on to the hours already accumulated plus writing intensive courses. Therefor the focus is on teaching the student about research and community health and opening up the path to the Masters degree to follow. My learning has helped increase my value of nursing with every class attendance.  Throughout my time here I have learned the art of multitasking emotional, physical, and mental as they are caught between having to accomplish studies and work duties simultaneously. I have learned to enhance my writing skills on the daily basis. Every class is a reminder that it isn’t just about having clinical experience but also about having knowledge to face the diverse world of nursing and its practices. City Tech has increased my competence as a nurse through its evidence based research documents, its clinical instructors, assignments and examinations. All of these assessments combined have helped me grow as a student and through clinical practice as well. Nursing is an art and through this art we have the power to have a great impact in the many people that we encounter.

NOTE: If you are not ready to use these pages, simply change their visibility in the Dashboard by choosing Pages > Edit > Visibility > Private.