Welcome!

This is the first post on your Learning Blog. Edit or delete it, then start blogging!

The ePortfolio is both a Learning Blog and an Academic Career Portfolio. Use the Learning Blog to document your learning experiences and class assignments each semester. As time goes by, add content to the Academics and Career sections to show your department, graduate institutions, or future employers how well prepared you are for your chosen career.

NOTE: Remember to add appropriate Categories and Tags to your posts. This will help your professors and other visitors find the content they are looking for. The Categories “Coursework” and “Field Trips” and the Tags “OpenLab” and “City Tech” have already been applied to this post. Feel free to make changes!

One thought on “Welcome!

1. Alondra Post author

Alondra Duarte
    English 1101
    Westengard

“Rough Times With Professors”
    Everyone goes through a phase in their life when they struggle in a class because of their ways with their teacher/professor. Sometimes students don’t mean to come out the wrong ways with a professor which causes a bad relationship between the both. An article that explains the wrong and goos examples of coming up to a professor is “5 Things You Should Never Say To Your Professor”, by Jorie Scholnik.
    A professor put a lot of effort to come to the class and help every student to pass their class. Not showing up to a class and showing your professor you don’t care about their class shows them they shouldn’t help you. My senior year, I felt like everything wasn’t important to me anymore. For example, the classes, the teachers, school, and homework. I’ve always hated math so I never attended the class or if I did, I tried to do the work and never finished it. That caused a lot of issues between me and my teacher because he felt disrespected.
    There was a point in my senior year, the math teacher pulled me to the side and told me that I wasn’t going to be able to graduate because of my effort in his class. This shows that whenever you lack in something you shouldn’t give up because then you won’t get anywhere. If you lack in a class, you should always talk it through with your teacher/professor. Never insult the teacher because you are having trouble with it, always try your best and ask for help.
    After reading the article, “5 Things You Should Never Say to Your Professor”, by Jorie Scholnik showed me proper ways to reach out to a professor if I’m in need of some help. This article showed me the way I use to treat my math teacher and how rude it was to have a bad relationship with someone that is always here to help me no matter what. Professors take their time to teach their lessons and give us some more knowledge overtime we sit in their classes. The most that anyone can do it sit quietly and listen.
    In conclusion, a student should never disrespect their professor in any ways because they all do so much to wake up in the morning, stand up for a few hours and teach us something new everyday. They have done their best to see us get somewhere in life. This article and essay has showed me the way I use to act with my teachers and made me think about if I was in my professor shoes. Always respect your professors, and show them that you are there to learn and not fool around.