Before the Interview

I was recommended by a friend for this interview at a company named Indoor Extreme Sports. He gave a good word for me as a graphic designer and illustrator. Before this recommendation, I was slightly panicking that I don’t really have experience on resume that would  hire me anywhere. I just thought of the possibilities of not getting a job anywhere.

The day of the interview I as was very nervous. Holding my portfolio pieces that I thought was the most adequate even though it was mixed with graphic design . I had mixed comments I got from fellow piers and friends.  I sat in the lobby until he came out and he greeted me with smile and stated his name ” Hello Chris, the owner of this facility”.  We went t his office and sat at the rectangular glass table .  We proceed to the interview. “I am looking for someone that can really help out. ( my heart dropped)   Help plan out a way to make the facility more appealing to the eye.” All I did was nodded as he continued “I want to attract more social media attention but out of ideas.” It it hit me and I waited till he was done and I stated ” have you ever heard of geo-filters for snap chat.  It sounds like you receive a lot of customers and the new rage it snap chat where you can create a business filters and some people will post their snap photos on Instagram. ” I took out a piece of paper and I started to sketch out things for him.

He loved the idea, he asked to see my work and I was panicking as he was looking through my work . He looked at me and asked when I can start , I had the biggest  and replied as soon as possible.