Portfolio #6- Students Choice

For this student choice portfolio assignment, we had to design a portfolio of our choosing. But, we had to do it related to the work that we do, or would be doing in the future.

For this assignment I had chose to use a schematic that I have created using ORCad from the internship that I am currently in. This schematic represents a data logger. This is the type of work that I will be doing once I graduate.

The overview of this schematic is listed below:

When you have a circuit multiple things can go wrong, and you can troubleshoot it as well as monitor it but how sure are you when you a reoccurring problem and you basically replaced all parts on this board full of components.  Let’s say that you have spikes of voltage coming from the circuit and you don’t exactly understand what is causing it to act in such a way, well this schematic is going to solve that. I have designed a Data logger which basically will have a comparator that will compare a reference voltage with an output of the circuit. If it is above the reference voltage the output of this comparator will record the data (time, date, what voltage it was). This will allow us to keep track of these voltage spikes and see how many times in a day this will occur under the conditions that it is put in.

Portfolio 6