default fallback image

The Beginning (blog#1)

Image: Google Images

While many people look for an internship by contacting many different companies and networking, I was lucky enough to know the person who works at the company I am currently an intern at. I am interning at a small engineering firm which has a media department responsible for the advertising, communication, and marketing for the company.

Starting to Find a Groove (Blog#2)

Image: Google Images

So far the internship is going very slowly and smoothly. Most of the time has been spent on brainstorming and meetings. We are coming up with solutions to the obvious problem the company is facing, which are, a lack of awareness that the company exists, weak sense of company identity, and no brochures or paper advertisement of any kind. This intern has been a bit slow compared to the my work experience outside of this field.

What I am Learning (Blog#3)

Image: Google Images

I have learning alot so far while at the internship. I am learning more about the dynamics between all members of the department to have a creative environment. Some dynamics I am not completely fond of but I do see the use is having to go through many channels and people to get the go ahead on ideas or procedures. I understand that companies want the workers to take initiative but only approved initiative. Another learning experience for me is that, even in this modern age, many companies and people still like and rely on print.

Workplace and COVID 19 (Blog#4)

Image: HGA Insights

COVID 19 has changed the way we work in many ways but the most prominent change has been onlihne or remote work. There has never been a time where we have used telecommunication this vastly. While working as an intern most of our team meetings have been over zoom, with the exception of a couple of face to face when first introducing ourselves. While remote working and zoom meetings did help, I could not help but notice something missing. I felt that many of my coworkers lost their eagerness to get motivated.

Networking (Blog#5)

Image: Dice Insights

Networking for me has always been a handshake and face to face confirmation and understanding. Now that COVID 19 has changed the way we live and work in many ways it has also greatly affected networking. I believe that networking online is not fast or personal anymore and has become more technical. This will lead people getting to know one another based on a drawn up paragraph or resume, far from connecting on a personal level.

Communication and Execution (Blog#6)

Image: Alleloous Community Group

I have been in the workforce for many years now and this has been my first internship. The daily, weekly and hourly communications have been very different than what I am used to. My internship experience has been rather slow and things that should have been done quickly in my opinion were strung out. The communication was slow and some meeting lasted 5 hours, and i guess you can blame remote working off zoom for that but when will that directly effect the outcome of a project and profit. I am glad that the people I am working with are patient but this is definitely a change of pace I am not use to.

Face To Face (Blog#7)

Image: Pan American Health Organization

During my internship there have been times when I had to put myself at risk for the company in regards to meeting with supervisors and coworkers during the pandemic. While meeting with other we made sure that we are all taking precautions however there were some who did not take the situation as seriously as others and this is just another thing we deal with when working with other people. This brought on many issues, and I was unable to complain or bring light to it as I would be labeled as not a team player.