HAPPY HOLIDAYS, EVERYONE! Stay in touch! ALL FINAL WORK for the class is due DECEMBER 19th.
- Upload Unit 3, plus separate reflection paragraph at the end, to the Unit 3 Google Drive (under MAJOR ASSIGNMENTS) by Monday 12/13
- Your 1-paragraph reflection should address the following: how or why you became interested in the topic; the purpose of your piece; why you decided to write in the genre you did, for this particular audience; How it went (the extent to which you feel it was successful and why); where you think this might be published or shared beyond our class
- Project Presentations: 12/14 in class. Be prepared to speak about your Unit 3 work for 3-5 min. Present your slides/video or have one visual up on the screen while you talk about your topic.
- Final Course Reflection (leave a comment below) Due 12/17. Write a 1-paragraph final reflection that addresses the questions below.
- What have you learned about yourself as a reader and writer this semester? What were your early assumptions/beliefs about yourself and writing, and what do you believe now? How would you compare/contrast work done early on in the semester to now? What was particularly challenging for you in our course this semester and how did you overcome this (or attempt to)? What advice would you give to students taking this course next semester? Discuss what you learned in this class and how you might transfer this knowledge to other writing tasks or situations in future English classes, courses in other subjects, academic or job applications, and your community.