Ethical Reasoning 2A/2B

Part 1

I have used images in the past for my design. I’ll usually use sources like Pixabay and Unsplash for my images. They usually don’t have copyright so I usually use those.

Any chance I have to use anything outside, I make extra careful to give credit to the artist or the photographer. Even for the site mention above, I do sometimes give credit regardless since the photo or design originally aren’t mine.

Part 2

You should always respect other’s people design regardless. If you have to use it, ask for permission and credit them somewhere in your design or your post. If the photo are not yours, you aren’t in charge. The people that took them are.

If you use someone’s art or design without permission, you can be taken to court and is a violation to the copyright system. They have all the right to do so if you are found out.

The outcome of the Fairey Copyright was fair. He infringed on the copyright on one of the photo in the poster. This is to show you have to respect people’s work and copyright are taken very seriously.

Kennedy, Randy. “Shepard Fairey Is Fined and Sentenced to Probation in ‘hope’ Poster Case.” The New York Times, 7 Sept. 2012, archive.nytimes.com/artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/09/07/shephard-fairey-is-fined-and-sentenced-to-probation-in-hope-poster-case/.