BSN Learning Self-Analysis

The baccalaureate program is different than I envisioned it, but different in a good way. It helped me advance my knowledge and skills beyond the clinical part. With my BSN program being near the end, I feel that I learned to see all the sides of nursing and to see things from a broader perspective. I feel that I became better at research, at gathering evidence for various projects and even for personal use. Now that I have a better understanding of the evidence-based practice, it is easier for me to think critically and to make informed decisions.

Furthermore, advancing my education has given me a better perspective on my career options. My view of nursing has moved beyond the clinical setting, now I see nursing as an integrated part of our society and with far more influence in various areas, such as community nursing, nurses involved in professional organizations and even influencing policies and laws. I feel that I’m able to better understand how the American health care works and the various roles that nurses play in this system. In addition to that, I have learned so much about nurses’ roles in leadership and management, about hospital and nursing administration. I feel that I have been effectively prepared to take on various roles, such as working with a community, being part of a research team, be a coordinator and an educator.

Finally, I think that all the projects, research papers and presentations have prepared me to work more effectively in teams, it has given me the opportunity to assume leadership responsibilities, as well as to the perfect my communication and public speaking skills.