From the Field

Our field trip to the Publishing  Business Expo was quite the experience. The publishing Businiess Conference & Expo was held at the Marriot Marquis Hotel   in Manhattan, Time Square. This expo had many different booths that consisted of things like Printing, Book Binding, Types of paper and networking. The two companies that really caught my attention were CJK print possibilities and Avalon.

CJK Print Possibilities also known as the C J Krehbiel is a Company speacializing in printing four-color on a multi-page bound document like books and catalogs also magazines. They use advanced technology for printing and make sure its great  quality.

AVALON is a magazine company that consists of world culture, art and lifestyle. They create magazines with all types of interesting topics and visuals about each topic. I actually had an opportunity to meet with one of the designers for Avalon an work with them the create a new design for their website. I thought it was quite exciting to get an opportunity like this.

Here is a shot i took from the Expo,