homework6

English 1121

Yongwei Liu

Personal narrative essay

Change myself, make me stronger

I am a very quiet person. I really do not know why I am so. Perhaps it is genetic, or perhaps it is from the way I was brought up. When I was nine or ten, my parents divorced and then I lived with my mother. My mother was quiet person too, my mother often spent a whole day without saying a word to me, so the two of us could spend days under the same roof together without anyone saying a word to the other, and I was getting quite used to that eventually. When I was fifteen, my mother wanted me to have a better education, so she sent me to reunite with my father, who had immigrated to the United States years earlier. I am currently living with my father; he is different with my mom; he is a bon vivant, he seeing my problem, he has tried every way possible way to open me up. Let me more and more talkative every day. Once I left my cocoon, I made many friends, and became more and more out-going. But it is difficult for me because I am new immigrants and I just know 26 letter, I don’t know how to speak English, and I don’t know who people say in my front. Personality changing is not always easy, I want to change my life and get more friend also learning more English when I can.