Internship Self-Assessment

Icon. OnlineWebFonts, OnlineWebFonts, n.d., https://www.onlinewebfonts.com/icon/217005/.

During this internship, I had the opportunity to work on the logo design for the REACHE program. Throughout the process, I have not only improved my professional skills, but also applied what I have learned in the classroom in real life projects. Here are some key reflections and takeaways from my internship: During my internship, I was primarily responsible for logo design. I utilized software such as Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop to design and modify. From the initial sketches to the final draft, I went through several design iterations, and each feedback allowed me to better understand the client’s needs and continuously improve the design solution.

For the REACHE project, we decided not to use a bird as a logo element. This decision required us to think deeply about creativity. I learned how to give and receive constructive criticism in team discussions and to balance creativity with practical needs in design. During my internship, I worked closely with the other four members of my team. We held weekly team meetings to discuss design direction and progress. I was in charge of designing the presentation, making sure the art direction and typography were perfect. I also assisted the strategist with key questions. These experiences made me realize the importance of teamwork and how to work as an individual within a team.

Through studying AIGA’s Design and Business Ethics Handbook and practicing during this period, I gained a deep understanding of the importance of professional ethics. During the practicum, I strictly adhered to the confidentiality agreement to ensure the confidentiality of the company’s work. I also learned and applied ethical standards regarding the use of images to ensure legal compliance in the use of materials in design.

I consider this internship to be a valuable learning experience where I not only improved my professional skills, but also gained important experience in the areas of ethics, teamwork and practical project management. These experiences will lay a solid foundation for my future career. I am very grateful to my supervisor Stella Nicolaou and internship supervisor Isana for their guidance and support.