Garcia

Barbados_Map Beach_RunnersHello, my name is Garcia and I am sorry that I will be disappointing a few people but I am not at all Hispanic. I identify as a heterosexual male and as such think it is appropriate that I be referred to by the common male pronouns.

I am currently completing my BT in Computer Systems Technology with only the final workplace (internship/ job) requirement remaining. I work in construction as an architectural millwork installer. That is just a fancy name for the peron who installs all of the wood trimmings, cabinets, shelves, doors etc for high end ( rich) detailed obsessed clients. It is a great paying job but after more than ten years and with varying interest I think I am ready for management or a career change. I expect to continue school an have enrolled this semester in the Construction Management syllabus. Unfortunately, due to my packed class schedule and other interests, I am not available to help you fellow students with your house improvement projects (unless you are secretly rich).

As you can tell, or at least I hope you can, I have a keen sense of humor. Nonetheless I like intelligent, social conscious conversations. Before I forget. I am originally from Barbados and have been living here way too long. I however return multiple times a year but would love to travel to other countries.

I am looking forward to having my fellow classmates jump into class discussions and make this course a memorable and informative one.

2 thoughts on “Garcia

1. Hi Garcia, I’m Nancy. Haha I understand about trying not to disappoint people, since Garcia is a hispanic name, very unique though. you have a very interesting history and great plans. I wish you look in your very bright future.

P.S: I noticed you signed up for China for the Global Feminisms Project, just a heads up, I chose Chen Mingxia for my project.

2. Hey Garcia, I disappoint people in the opposite way I guess. While I am half hispanic which many people assume because either because of my light skin or hair, I don’t speak a single word of Spanish. Whenever someone speaks to me in Spanish assuming that I’ll understand them I’m completely caught off guard and try to find someone that can help them.