Geannel Vargas

Hey guys! My name is Geannel Vargas. I would prefer any female pronouns like she or hers. This is my second year in New York City College of Technology studying Fashion Marketing; I will be getting my Associates very soon. I’m in this major because fashion has always been a part of me. Since young I went to many Arts schools and learned that throughout each Art I studied or majored in I still looked up to Fashion as my favorite. In High School I majored in Dance, which was an advantage for me because I would always help my dance teacher pick out the costumes for each show and number that we had. Not only did I help put together shows but I also made sure everyone looked their best while they performed, which I enjoyed doing. Before choosing my career path I realized maybe I should see what Fashion is really about and see where it takes me. Now that I studied my major a bit, I came to the conclusion that I would like to become a wardrobe consultant or a stylist. I noticed that I love to help those who want to look their best and I feel like I have that talent. While studying at City Tech I enjoy to share the same interest with many others in my major, as it is motivating for me to get to where I want to be. I guess you can tell already that I’m a very ambitious person and go for what I want no matter what it takes. I look forward to learning a lot in Women’s Studies and to share our perspectives on the subject. The picture I’m sharing is from a Christmas show that I performed with my senior cohort in High School, you can see that The Nutcracker was the theme of our show.IMG_4889

One thought on “Geannel Vargas