ShuLing Ruan

Hi everybody, my name is Shu Ling Ruan. And my friend also calling me Suki. I am a person that is lively, cheerful, warm, optimistic, progressive, interested in a broad, adaptable, studious, down-to-earth, serious responsible, determination, hard, have the courage to meet new challenges. When I was 16 years old, I got a problem about  which high school I should go, bilingual or not. When my mother know this news, she have a long talking with me to try found out what I want. However, I decide to go to High school for Dual Language and Asian Studies cause I want myself not to forget Chinese. And I think this can help me of my future work because I want to work on a hotel, I will accept a lot of different kind of people, Chinese may help me to trade with the costumers who speak Chinese. And I am a full time student of New York City College of Technology, my major is Hospitality Management. And I my interest is own a bakery after I finish my college. My preferred pronouns are to be called she/her. I was move to New York with my whole family when I was 14 years old since it was a raining night and Christmas Eve. I have a 4 years old cat call Macy and a 5 years old bunny call Baby.

20140306_21392420130511_221540

2 thoughts on “ShuLing Ruan

1. I see you have a great love for cats. I also love cats, but unfortunately I am allergic to their fur, and your bunny is to cute. I hope you have overcome the language barrier and have adopted NYC as your new home.

2. Hi Shu, your cats are adorable! I think it is a great idea to know both chinese and english, there are always many more job opportunities for people that are bilingual. Hospitality Management is a great field, you can even start a business helping chinese tourist find things to do when visiting new york, or help american tourist find things to do when they visit china. Best of luck with your career choice.