Individual Strengths

The best way to describe some of my individual strengths is through what people tell me about myself. I realize from co-workers, supervisors, family, and friends that I have a likeable personality. I am known to be very understanding and empathetic. My current director of nursing and other nursing supervisors have stated to me that I have the ability to calm people down and make people want to listen to me; they also stated that those qualities makes me a great role model in nursing. I have had patients tell me that I’m very few who really sit and listens to them.

I believe that my patients, family, friends, co-workers, and supervisors say these positive things because of who I am and what I have become from life experiences. I have several individual strengths. I am a person who is very sensitive to other people’s feelings. I also have the ability to be very patient with others. I am very receptive to feedback because of my ability to manage my emotions well. I manage stress well and make wise decisions. I live by the code of ethics and am very ambitious and dedicated. I am a responsible individual who is able to organize time and tasks. The most important individual strength I have is my awareness of my weaknesses.