Resume

Vivian A. Roberts

11111 SW 51st CT

MiramarFL33027

(718)490-0000 (cell)

December, 2012

Dear Sir/Madam:

I am interested in obtaining a position as a Registered Nurse with your facility.  I am looking to secure a challenging position that will strengthen my skills and knowledge as a Registered Nurse.

I am a graduate of New York City College of Technology of the City University of New York, and certified by the State of New York and Florida Board of Nursing.  I have obtained certification as an instructor for the American Red Cross Fire and Burn Safety, and also CPR certified.  I am currently employed at St John’s Episcopal Hospital as a Psychiatric Staff Nurse, where my responsibilities includes admission, assessment, treatment, patient education, group meetings, discharges, medication administration and other administrative duties (such as unit management).

I have also had one month cross training experience in Medical Surgical, where my duties includes assessment, blood drawing, administering blood product, EKG, wound care, medication administration,  admissions, transfers, discharges, patient education and other duties.

Overall, I evaluate myself to be very perceptive and dedicated service professional that pays special attention to details.  I utilize a positive and enthusiastic approach towards my work, with a high capacity for adapting to change.   I am a flexible, dependable, and reliable team worker with the ability to work well under pressure, to learn new concepts and skills quickly.  I believe that I possess the skills and knowledge required to care for any population and my love for the profession and compassion for the ill makes me a prime candidate for a job in your department.

I hope that my application will be favorably considered and I look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience

Sincerely,

Vivian A. Roberts

See attached Resume

Vivian A. Roberts, RN

000 Liberty Ave.,

Brooklyn, New York, 11208

(718) 490- 1111

vivianroberts67@yahoo.com

Professional Background:

• Dedicated Registered Professional Nurse with 3+years of demonstrated expertise.  

Education:

New York City College of Technology      (September 2006 – January 2009)

• Associate Degree in Applied Science in Nursing, January 2009
  • New York State Licensure – Registered Professional Nurse, March 2009
  • Florida State Licensure –  Registered Professional Nurse, April 2009

Work Experience:

Queens General Hospital Center           Brooklyn, NY     (November 2009 – July 2012)

St. Jude’s Hospital            Queens, NY     (September 2012 – Present)

Registered Professional Nurse – Behavioral Health

• Unit Management: Charge nurse, staff assignments, and management reports.
  • Direct client care: Admission, assessment, and treatment.
  • Provide patient/family education
  • Medication administration and patient teachings.
  • Build solid, trusting relationships with staff, patients, and patient families, generating positive PR through extra efforts in care and one-on-one communications.
  • Documentation of clients’ care and maintain confidentiality and security of data.
  • Collaborated with multidisciplinary team members, working closely with physicians, nurses, technicians and social workers to formulate, implement and modify individual care plans.
  • Respond to numerous volatile situations and violent outbreaks, earning the respect of physicians and coworkers for maintaining calm and safe environment.
  • EKG, phlebotomy, V/S, glucose monitoring.

Accomplishment:

• Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate outstanding healthcare teams to provide top-quality patient care.

Certifications:

• BLS (CPR & AED).  Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Internet Research.

References:     Furnish upon request.

December 14, 2012

Helen Brown

Talent Acquisition Manager

Episcopal Health Service, Inc

St. Jude’s Hospital

327 Beach 19th Street

Far Rockaway, NY 11691

Dear Ms. Brown:

Please be advice that I am very appreciative of the opportunity given to me to join your dedicated staff at St John’s Episcopal Hospital as a Registered Nurse.  I would further like to inform you that I have formally accepted the offer of employment extended to me.

As I understand, I will be working on the behavioral health unit from 3pm-11pm. The salary and related benefits as outlined I fully accept.  As I understand, I will receive other benefits through the union Local 1199.  To reaffirmed, the terms and conditions outlined in the letter you sent me, I fully accept.

Again, thanks for the opportunity afforded me and I look forward to joining your team and striving to meet and surpass the job expectations.

Sincerely,

Vivian A. Roberts, RN

000 Liberty Ave.,

Brooklyn, New York, 11208