Learning Self-Analysis

The baccalaureate program helped me to get knowledge, skills and confidence to function properly in nursing field. I was taught that nursing profession is really complex area which takes many roles. For example, I did not know that communication plays crucial role in health care system as the mean of transferring the valuable information between HCPs and providing a therapeutic connection between a nurse and a patient. Another example is EBP. It provides health care professionals with more accurate and proved techniques of providing care. Nurses have to be well-trained to be able to function not only in hospitals, but also in community and educational settings. Before starting my leadership class I never considered nurses as leaders and it was a mistake because every nurse every day is a leader who has to take important decisions, teach and delegate tasks.

I have improved my knowledge in different spheres of nursing like community health, research, physical assessment, leadership, urban health, case management and others. In addition, I learned that we have to strive to improve our society.