Internship Journal Entry 1

Finding an internship was a really difficult process for me as I was not getting any good luck at all. I Just could not get a response from any internships I applied for. What made it even more difficult for me was that I Am a animation/game design student and I really wanted an internship similar to this but here in New York, it is rare. The ones that were available already passed and most of the programs that were listed as qualifications were programs I had no experience in or even learned about. I ended up in a dead end and so I started to apply for more graphic design positions. I applied about 20 different internships before and during the start of my internship class and out of all of them luckily only 3 really replied and offered me interviews which of course was related to graphic design and was from the internships my professor provided me, thanks to that. One of the internships that offered me the job didn’t even tell me the location to intern at and I even tried to reply back but no answers. I thought that was unprofessional on their part. The second one is the one I actually got and the third one replied a little too late for an interview and so I went with the second choice because they knew what my schedule was like and I did not want to take any chances with the third choice.