Internship Duties

Social Ink specializes most of their work on designing websites for Non profits. So all of the work that I have been doing were things for the web. It was quite different for me because most my work was done for print. So at first working with the RGB color was very different for me. It something that i had to get used to quick. Working for the web very different from working for print Especially since whatever I designed was final so there was no color checking with prints or etc..

A few of Terms that i had to familiarize myself with was UX and UI. When it comes to web those two terms are key to designing amazing websites. UX which is User Experience. Basically, user experience is websites that react to  the persons behavior attitude and emotions. Simply, how a website communicates and interacts with the viewer. UI or User Interface on the other hand is simply the look of the website. For instance, the is it easy to find things on the website navigating freely and etc.

My tasks were at first to do a few Wireframes for client websites. The way I conquered  this was doing a lot of my own research and of course the help of my supervisors.

Screen Shot 2015-04-30 at 10.59.06 PM

Furthermore, I was required to do a few client logos. Which I treated like any other logo project. Beginning with sketches and then digitizing it and continuing it and getting feedback from my supervisor.

Screen Shot 2015-04-30 at 11.08.43 PM

My typical day begins with my supervisor breaking down the tasks to conquer that day. It can start with logo revisions to wire framing client websites. Then I do my required job, and once I think Im done I let my supervisor check and make corrections.  Its mostly back and forth form there.