Introduction

GNYDM     Welcome to my ePortfolio! My name is Tara Gallo and on this site you will see my journey of becoming a dental hygienist. I always had a passion for helping others and making a difference. For this reason, I knew I wanted to work as a healthcare professional. My interest for dental hygiene didn’t spark until high school when I attended a dental laboratory class. We were introduced to the field and taught the basic knowledge and language used in the dental office. We also learned to pour up study models, make acrylic dentures, and whitening trays. While I enjoyed working in the dental laboratory, I knew that I wanted to interact with people more. That is when I decided that the dental hygiene profession would be ideal for me. The dental hygiene program at New York City College of Technology consisted of endless studying, exams, and clinic sessions. However, I always believed that nothing worth having comes easy. In the past two years, I have gained clinical skills, knowledge, and friends that share the same interests. I am very proud to be graduating from this program and look forward to beginning the next chapter of my career!