Cover Letter

Tatyiana Flood
68 Marcus Garvey Blvd, #5D
Brooklyn, NY, 11206
(718) 223-3451

To whom it may concern,

I recently graduated from New York City College of Technology earning my Baccalaureate in Business and Technology of Fashion and previously my Associates in Fashion Merchandising in 2017. The New York City College of Technology has prepared me for entering the Fashion Industry by offering several courses such as Visual Merchandising, which taught me various floor plans, store displays and how lighting and color plays a role in capturing a customer’s attention. As well as a course in Advertising that highlighted customer cues and emphasized creative techniques as tools of communication.

Along with furthering my education, I work Part-Time as a Personal Shopper at Topshop where I offered wardrobe assistance to clients based on currents trends and client stylistic preferences. I possess over three years of retail experience as well as one-year leadership experience. As the Head Stylist, I had the opportunity of training a team of stylists, mentoring and seeing to it that they efficiently meet their sale goals. This sharpened my leaderships skills as well as my communication skills when dealing with customers and subordinates. Knowledge I acquired from being employed at Topshop are the various methods of offering outstanding customer service that would ultimately meet the needs of the consumer and business simultaneously.

As a hobby, I Freelance as a Makeup Artist while spearheading my brand, Dah Glam Spot. Dah Glam Spot is zoned through Social Media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram and YouTube and consists of theatrical cosmetic application, live or recorded tutorials and inspirational posts based on the various looks I achieve on myself as well as my clients.
My objective is to perfect my crafts as well as learn new skills that can advance me both personally and professionally. It is a goal of mine to build with an influential company, preferably one that can teach me new techniques and interchangeably accept my wisdom. Contributing to my community by being able to lead and assist when it comes to my personal field of expertise or just offering a helping hand has played a role in my journey to enhancing my civic engagement. I am a well-rounded person that can do any and everything that is thrown at me.

I am available to make an appointment for an interview at any given time. I prefer to be contacted via email at T.Flood.2396@gmail.com or by telephone at (718) 223-3451. Thank you so much for your time, it really means a lot to me.

Sincerely,

Tatyiana Flood