Introduction

Welcome to my E-portfolio! This is a culmination of all my hard work and dedication throughout my college years, showcasing everything I’ve accomplished and the growth I’ve experienced in my understanding of fashion. In this portfolio, you will see my journey through various courses, projects, and personal endeavors that have helped me refine my skills and develop my unique fashion sense. This is a comprehensive collection of everything I have accomplished showcasing my growth and understanding of the industry. Through this portfolio, I hope to share with you my passion for fashion and the creativity that goes into creating my personal style.

When creating a logo for his brand, Tanner chose to use big letters alongside a nude-tone color. The brown color provides contrast against the background of the logo or surrounding display, which helps draw the viewer’s attention and creates visual interest. The choice of brown hues imparts warmth without appearing flashy or garish, providing a calm counterbalance which also helps reinforce brand identity (Bell, 2010). Brown is often associated with earthiness, reliability, and dependability, which are all qualities that Tanner would like his brand to be associated with (Bell, 2010). By employing clean lines and solid colors viewers stop to look due to reduced visual complexity. The use of straight lines in Tanner Smith’s logo are used to help communicate a sense of structure, sophistication, professionalism, and modernity. These qualities are important in the fashion industry, and Tanner wants to communicate a strong sense of identity and expertise to stand out. 

Bell, J. A. (2010). Silent Selling: Best Practices and Effective Strategies in Visual Merchandising. United States: Fairchild Books.