About Me

Dental Office Photo Shoot Day. We are still friends!

Hi, My name is Shaquantia! or Tia as most people call me.  I’m from Brooklyn, NY and I am student of the Dental Hygiene Program at City Tech.  I’ve always loved school and growing up in the now popular neighborhood of Bushwick, loving school wasn’t the norm.  I am blessed to say with loving and supportive family members, I’ve always been encouraged to continue my education beyond high school.  I was to continue my households legacy of greatness.

To most, they would say, how can you be great in Bushwick? I showed everyone that you do not have to be a product of where you live.  Instead take advantage of every opportunity that comes your way, take some risks, and use NYC to the full. I’ve been able to rub shoulders with New York City elite, call doctors, lawyers, and engineers friends, all while keeping my Brooklyn edge and honing my knowledge in Biology and Dental Hygiene.

10 years post high school I am now able to call myself, not only a scientist, but a Dental Hygienist. My goal is to bring dental health awareness to Brooklyn and the rest of NYC, and to share what I have learned over the years and whatever capacity I can.