I believe that it is important to know one’s own strengths and weaknesses.  When you know what you are good at and not so good at, you are able to better handle situations and compensate for qualities you may lack.  That being said, I would like to state what my weaknesses and strengths are.  My strengths are that I am  solution-minded and determined.  My weaknesses are that I over analysis situations and I do not know when to give up.  I believe that these qualities are what drew me to become a nurse.

Even as a kid I loved helping my friends and family find solutions for their problems.  I always believed that most things could be worked around and that there was no one answer for any given situation.  I believe that this quality has helped me to think in a holistic manor, which is very important as a nurse.  When I am caring for a patient, I consider their social life, psychological state, economical status and physical status as different dimensions to their medical condition.  I take into consideration all these aspects when I make a care plan and I think of solutions for improvement.

My determination is what drove me to become the nurse I am today.  I always want to strive for my best.  When I am assigned a patient, I make it my mission to provide the highest quality of care.  As long as I am a nurse, I will provide my patients attentive care and make them feel as comfortable as possible.

I must admit that sometimes I over think things.  When someone approaches me with a concern or I face conflict in my life, I am not satisfied until I analysis every detail of the situation.  This can be stressful at times and unnecessary.  However, I believe that this quality has promoted my ability to become a critical thinker.  When I make a decision on my patient’s care, I investigate a course of action based on objective and subjective data.

My other weakness is that I do not know when to give up.  I find it hard to except limits.  I always want to continue to push myself as well as others to their fullest potential.  However, everyone has their own limits.  I try to remind myself of this, when I find myself disappointed with myself or others’ progress.

I am glad to say that I know my strengths and weaknesses.  I use my individual qualities to advance my professional growth and promote the highest quality of care for my patients.