Greetings from Sakuna Rai in ENG2575 (D460)

Dear Members of Eng2575(d460)

I hope you all are doing well and I was very excited to see most of you on the first day of our class. As we all know since the outbreak of covid-19, our class has changed to remote learning and  we didn’t get an opportunity to get to know each other. So, today I would like to let you know more about myself and my dream goal. My name is Sakuna Rai.  I was born and raised on the foothill of the Himalayas, Nepal. I came to the US in 2010 to realize the American dream for me and for my family. Actually, I won the diversity visa luckily in 2010 to get into the land of opportunity, USA. 

Before coming to the US, I was a high school mathematics teacher. I love math playing around with the numbers, theories, equations, formulas and its algorithms. As an ardent believer in science and technology, I always wanted to pursue a degree pertaining to this field, but due to various unforeseen circumstances, I couldn’t join college right away.  As the popular adage goes, “better late than never”, finally after 7 years of gap I’ve returned to college to translate my passion to my profession.

I am currently pursuing my bachelor’s degree in Computer System with a software development track in  New York City College of Technology, CUNY. As every software developer has a dream of working in one of the most reputed companies like MAANG, my greatest goal after  graduation is also to crack the MAANG interview. For this, I have to prepare myself by consistently focusing on studying data structure and algorithms, improving my problem-solving skills and much more. Besides these things, I love playing soccer and watching real based story movies in different languages with the help of subtitles.

https://images.app.goo.gl/NXGTSVLDQApQLavs7
Recently watched Telugu Movie- Jai Bhim

Whenever someone talks about writing in English, it is always difficult for me to digest. But I have no choice left and I know that I must have to communicate either in a written or verbal form with a wide range of audience that are less or more knowledgeable in specific subjects. So, I believe that taking this English class will surely help me to achieve those skills to address such an ambiguity. 

Sincerely,

Sakuna Rai