Learning Self- Analysis

During my stay at New York City College Of Technology getting my bachelor degree I grew as a person. At first I believed that these classes were a waste of time but when I really look back I learned a lot. For example a class as simple as “The Art Of Asia” I learned about the Asian culture. As nurses we should strive to be culturally competent. The nursing classes reinforced skills as well as taught leadership roles and management roles. It not only focused on bed side nursing but nursing as a whole. Each class I was enrolled in gave me a larger base of knowledge. It never hurts to continue to learn. Taking these classes while working also taught me time management skills. I learned to prioritize in order to pass my classes.  The BS program has turned me into a better writer, problem solver and critical thinker. I have yet to work in a facility as a nurse so I can not say I have grown as a nurse but I can say that I learned essential skills that I can bring to the job when I start to work in the near future. The program has shown that sometimes it takes group work to get things done. At one point I hated group work but I have grown to appreciate it because sometimes I would have been overwhelmed doing things alone without the help of my peers. As soon as I step outside in society I have a greater insight of what to look for as a nurse. I assess every situation that I come across now a days.