Nursing Philosophy

Nursing Philosophy

Born in a country where almost every kid ‘s dream was to become a lawyer, doctor, architect, engineer, and including the desire to become a nurse which also is considered a prestigious/professional career. In my journey, I have learned and believed that everyone during their life span has a dream and a mission to accomplish. Thus, becoming a nurse I feel obligated to give back to society by providing knowledgeable, efficient, excellent quality of care as a way to improve patient ‘s outcome.

Caring is the essence of nursing. In that, my nursing philosophy is driven by Watson theory and the core values of the Institution where I belong which is to serve and care for the community by providing care/treatment with respect, compassion, and dignity. I strongly believe and incorporate this philosophy in my daily work regardless of the patient’s economic status or geographic place  of origin . I believe that everyone  should be treated or cared for with respect and dignity; because as it reveals any profession that loses its values become worthless. Finally as described by philosophy, I intend on pursuing high level of education and gain wisdom by intellectual means and moral by self- discipline.