2. Landing my first internship

My Art Director briefed about the basic functioning of the film again, his name is Greg Concha, our job is designed and managed all the layout for entire magazine, we have Miami, los Angles, San Francisco and New York issues for different cities, and published once and on the last week of the month. Mimi Lombardo is Managing Editor and Fashion Director at Haute ­Living; we worked together for the fashion layout.

I found this internship from one of the student post from the blackboard, I was interested after I saw the post, later on sent the email and made the called to the Art Director. Luckily, I had the in-person interview right after Monday (called on Friday). During the interview we had a comfortable talked, Mr. Concha went through the magazine and the position was about. I showed him my portfolio from the lab top, talked about I was interesting working at the magazine. We had a fun and happy talk about 20 minutes long, and I will start in the next coming week.

Day 1 Work

First I need to install all the fonts will be used for the magazine, and coming next was to design the food page for New York. I can say I was a food hunter, so I was pretty happy to do this page. We had our original images and text; my job was to design the layout for fall restaurants and food page. Screenshot 2015-11-28 20.12.23

We use Email to transfer the files basically, due to the file are very large, we use the online transfer tool called “We Transfer,” this one is free to use, could send the files up to 2 GB and also could send it to multiple emails at the same time.

In this design, Mr. Concha sent me images in the big files, I need to update all the information and images, and also need to keep the layout as the similar design as previous issue. Attached was the first work I have done.

You can check out these amazing restaurants; they are romantic hangout suggestions in the New York City for this fall.♄