A person using a laptop

As I entered my last semester of college, I realized that I had the opportunity to take an internship course. I started searching for an internship a month before my internship class. I explored numerous job sites such as LinkedIn, Handshake, and Indeed for internships. It was not an easy task because many of the responsibilities and requirements were beyond what interns were capable of handling. After weeks of searching, I finally found some that were aligned with my major. I then began to work on my resume to design it to best display my skills and creativity, making sure there were no spelling or grammar mistakes and the typography was legible. I would also have to tailor it for the companies I would apply to. When it came time to apply to those companies, I sent out my resume and cover letter and I haven’t heard back from them yet.

Eventually, it came time for my internship class and despite my best efforts, I was not able to secure an internship yet. During my first day of internship class, many of my classmates were also unfortunate in their internship search. I felt relieved knowing that I wasn’t the only one in this situation. My internship professor quickly assisted me in finding an internship. She wrote down my skills and time availability for the internship and a week later she provided me with an internship with OpenLab to apply for that fit my major and interest.

The following week, I applied for the OpenLab internship and received a date for an interview that was two days later. I found this convenient as I was in a comfortable environment. I prepared for the interview by practicing some common questions; however, I still felt nervous. At the interview, I talked with three of the Co-Directors, they were very friendly which relieved the nervousness I had. The Co-Directors introduced themselves first, then me. They went over what Openlab was and if I used it. The interview questions were related to OpenLab, for instance, what I like and dislike about OpenLab, what I am interested in working with during the internship, and my time availability. The interview lasted around thirty minutes, and later that day, I received and accepted their offer.