ShabajHussain_JournalEntry_EnglishTranslation

ShabajHussain_JournalEntry_BanglaTranslation.en.bn

As the internship continued to unfold, I was thrilled to be given the chance to create my very own e-portfolio using the OpenLab platform. The idea of having my e-portfolio on OpenLab was enthusiastic for me, as it provided a place to showcase the work that I have done throughout my education at City Tech. Of course, before I began creating my e-portfolio I decided to explore e-portfolios that students have created to get a sense of how they are utilizing in addition to obtaining inspirations.

One interesting observation I made was that compared to many other online e-portfolio platforms, OpenLab provides you the ability to create a multi-page layout for free. In contrast, many other platforms limit users’ ability to create multi-page layouts and often require payment to unlock such features. Furthermore, OpenLab is an excellent platform for creating professional e-portfolios that can be useful for career searches.

Photo by Pixabay

I am eager to create my e-portfolio and to put my web design knowledge to the test. I was put into a new environment as I realized the site implements WordPress to make the e-portfolio. While I have some knowledge of WordPress, I have no hands-on experience with it. My first option was to go to YouTube and look at tutorials; however, this was a learning experience for me, so I decided to learn how to operate WordPress through trial and error.

It turned out to be a great decision because not only did I gain hands-on experience with WordPress, but I was also able to memorize its layout and utilities. Creating my e-portfolio has been an enlightening journey. I couldn’t wait to showcase my skills and achievements professionally and creatively. This new set of skills will considerably boost my step toward becoming a web developer.