Ethics in Design I – B

My organization did not require me to sign an NDA. In my working experience I have learned that it is paramount to maintain a sense of privacy when discussing anything related to the company/organization/employer/salary or any other incriminating topics that may be used against me later. I have been trusted with a lot of information already and I must be professional and maintain my trust with my peers at my internship, after all they may be actual colleagues in the future. Offices are on a shared open floor, so all employees are expected to be respectful and private.

I do not share any information, images, or projects that I am working on with anyone other than my supervisors. Even within the office, a certain level of privacy is to be expected; just because I discuss something with a coworker in the office does not make it okay for me to repeat that conversation to anyone else. When running into coworkers outside of work the confidentiality rules will still apply, and it is expected that no sensitive information about the organization is to be discussed in a public space.

Citations

• “A Client’s Guide to Design: How to Get the Most Out of the Process” AIGA. (2001). PDF. New York City; Richard Grefé, AIGA. 
  • “Use of Photography” AIGA. (2001). PDF. New York City; Richard Grefé, AIGA. 
  • “Guide to Copyright” AIGA. (2001). PDF. New York City; Richard Grefé, AIGA.