James Levin, Talent Acquisition Specialist, and Career Coach hosted and conducted and workshop forlast week’s internship class. It was very insightful. James gave us practical advice to me and fellow classmates on ways to approach our job search in our respective fields after college. He explained career sequencing – the process of getting a job and how we brand and present ourselves for the right opportunity.

When James mentioned the importance of branding that got me thinking about my brand and how I want to tailor that to the position that I’m seeking for each individual job I’m applying to. In addition, an important phase in the job search process that I got from his presentation was research phase, and how essential a role it plays in allowing me to stand out from others during an interview. James recommended that we learn all we can about the company and the clients they serve. Learning how to speak their language of that company in an interview will not only separate me from others seeking the same position, it will leave a lasting impression.

James recommended that One of the things I should do when rebuilding my resume is to extract industry keywords from the job description to alter the language so that my resume not only get’s picked up by software but it will match what a company is looking for.