The name of the webinar that I viewed this week was called “Timing and Spacing” and the topic was the basic principles of animation and how to effectively use them, led by Aaron Karline and Victor Navone who are animators at Pixar Animation Studios. Now  what I learned from this experience was the ranges of tools that an animator can use to express a scene in a film such as the variation in Timing by using asymmetry in a scene to slow down and speed you a characters movement and gestures you can express a more human and realistic feel to a character who is doing normal and mundane things to keep an audience’s interest in a scene or creating and breaking patterns to create emphasis in an action. 

They soon when into detail as to how the Timing a Performance and help express emotion without any sound is when you know an animator has done his/her job well. My review of this webinar is that the speakers took their time to explain in detail how to attack some of the issues that beginner-to-intermediate animators may come across and how to think of or problem-solve issues with the various principles that they went over. 

Which led me to investigate one of the animators Victor Navone who is a well-known Pixar animator; he earned his degree in Fine Arts from the University of California and worked for several years in the computer gaming industry as a conceptual designer and 3D artist. Made early animation exercises, Alien Song, which went on to become a popular viral clip on the internet and caught the attention of Pixar Animation and went on to work on many of Pixar’s films such as, Monsters. Inc, Finding Nemo, and WALL-E, which won him a Visual Effects Society award for Outstanding Animated Character in an Animated Motion