Learning Self-analysis

I have an Associate degree in Nursing and is currently enrolled in the Baccalaureate degree in Nursing program.  I gained some of my clinical experiences while working as a nurse with an Associate degree. Nine years ago, as I embarked on my journey to start my first job as a nurse I didn’t have much experience nor was I as knowledgeable as I am now that I am in the B.S program.  My only knowledge was the teachings and experiences that I achieved from the AAS program.  Now that I am almost through completing the Bachelor of Science program, I am very appreciative for the vast amount of knowledge that I’ve learned from this program ,because it has enriched my understanding about many aspects of nursing such as social, political, cultural and economic issues that affects patients and influence healthcare.

The Baccalaureate degree has prepared me to be a more critical thinker and has provided me with in-depth studies about nursing research, nursing leadership and management, community health and physical and social sciences. I have grown tremendously in my profession since I’ve been in the B.S program because now I’m able to do better assessments on my patients and provide  high quality patient  care and teaching  to all my patients. The experiences and knowledge I gained from the Baccalaureate degree in Nursing program has made me a stronger and well-rounded nurse.