Individual Strengths

Individual Strengths

My strengths as an individual has its basis in the fact that I am highly motivated, ambitious and fiercely disciplined.Ā  I am deeply committed to team work and I am of the opinion that nursing is a profession that cannot thrive without it.Ā  It has been said by many that nursing is a profession in which ā€œseasonedā€ or highly experienced nurses eat their young.Ā  This is anĀ unfortunate adage because team work among nurses is critical to professional excellence.Ā  During my years of study as a nursing student I was disciplined enough to allocate many hours of study to successfully complete my exams.Ā  In 2003Ā IĀ endured a health challenge however, with much vigorous persistenceĀ Ā Ā I was able to successfully graduate from Brooklyn CollegeĀ in the summer of 2005 with a grade point average of 3.5. In the fall of 2006 I enrolled in the nursing program at New York City College of Technology and completed my associate degree in nursing in the spring of 2009, with a grade point average of 3.0 awaiting my ā€œAā€ in this course. It was the accomplishment of a lifetime and the pinning ceremony was absolutely awe inspiring.Ā Ā  Nursing is a profession of excellence and I am deeply committed to the challenge of serving well deserved patients with competent professionalism.

Roxana Boucaud RN