Design Inspiration

Construction

The sweatshirt is stitched using recycled leather sourced from FabScrap It is Hand-Stitched using 7 panels, adorned with 5 black plastic buttons to ease movement. Additionally freehand movement using polyurethane spray paint creates the drawing, tire rubber bonding, followed by acrylic and enamel paint applied through the brush.

Influence

The drawings were influenced by the art of Frantz Kline, from the Abstract Expressionist movement. It has large mechanical shapes, followed by layers of paint in a monochrome palette where brushstrokes are completely fluid and nonrepresentative. It could be said this art is almost surreal and has this impressionist look and feel to it.

The art
Front: I wanted something simple yet has layers. It could be mistaken as a bird or ballerina or a couple in embrace or a Native American Chieftain. I wanted something that resembled all those but focused on one. I wanted the art to follow the meaning of leaping forward in this chaotic time. A start black hood to cover fully yet has this speck of while that stands out to show a semblance of color or lack of.
Back:

I am captivated by how black plays and comes in different form, shades,
texture based on the type and how it is applied. From afar, it looks very different from how it is from the front. It captures a house and how we are locked in. It showcases the darkness with some light around it, however still forced to be in a triangular box.

Conclusion

This art showcases the current emotion and how there is a huge disparity in available resources for people based on demographics. While some of us have the privilege to be home, with a job, and do quite well, others are forced to be out only be discouraged by the madness and hysteria that is taking place outside of the home.