Learning Self-Analysis and Individual Strengths

Throughout my academic career I have taken different majors and classes, however, nursing has been the most challenging, and yet the most rewarding of them all. I did not know where it would lead me to, but I always felt confident that I will get through it and become a great nurse in the end. I have learned a lot of new things in the Bachelor’s program of nursing such as more in depth physical assessment skills, comprehending and writing research material, leadership, community and urban health, and professional standpoints of nursing including ethics and legal aspects of it. Overall, it gave me a different perspective of looking at things in the nursing world and increased my skills in all areas. Nursing is not only bedside, but can be in a variety of settings, whether it is in the community or doing case management work. Getting my feet in to each field is interesting to me and will also help me understand what works best for me. Being able to do the bedside work and gaining the necessary skills for it in the Associate’s program was great, but in the Bachelor’s program it goes beyond that to really polish you as a complete well rounded registered nurse, and I feel it has done that for me. I am more confident in my skills and knowledge than before this program.

Some of my individual strengths are being a good team player and having good leadership skills. I am not a selfish person and am willing to help my colleagues or friends if they need anything. In nursing, it is all about effective teamwork and cooperation between the different health disciplines in order to provide the best quality care for the patient in a timely manner. Also, as a leader I want to put everyone in a position where they will thrive and work to their strengths, as well as work on each individual’s weaknesses. We must work together as a team and communicate effectively to succeed in the ultimate goal, which is to provide safe and quality care to the patients.