The one place I can describe greatly is the old apartment I used to live on when I first came to this country. It was a fifth story building, brick colored with the fire escape stairs poking out from the front windows of the building. The building was in between to other cream colored buildings with the same fire escape feature. There in a big glass door with a lock which makes the entrance of the building and to the right, there is an intercom with buttons and numbers next to it indicating the bell from each apartment. Once you go in, there are mailbox slots in the walls, 10 on each side totaling 20 apartments. Afterwards, there is a mini stair of 4 steps which leads to another glass door. This door is unlocked and when you open it, it will lead you to a long narrow hallway. Midway through the hallway, there is one apartment on each side. The apartment doors are all burgundy with gold numbers painted on indicating apartment # 1-20. On the end of the halfway, you will find two apartments next to each other and on the left side of the apartment, there is a stair going down of 3 steps which lead to the Emergency Door Exit. Above those 3 steps is the major stair leading up to the 2nd floor. This stair is located right above the Emergency stairs and left side from the apartments. This staircase is 10-12 steps long which goes up to every floor in the building. Each floor has four apartments; two apartments facing each other horizontally. The stairs went up until it reached the top of the building.

This apartment building has been my home for over 15 years and it is located in Astoria, two avenues down from Steinway, the most commercial Avenue in Astoria. The people and the environment is so quiet and peaceful.

Some questions I still have are, who was taking the place of Mrs. Thorwald on the farmland when they went to interrogate her about the trunk? What happened to Mr. Jeffries after Boyne found out that it was true his suspicious? Did he become a hidden spy or detective? What happened to Mr. Jeffries that left him immobile? What was the conviction of Mr. Thorwald for killing and cementing his wife’s body?