A place that I know in great detail would have to be my parent’s bodega. Our bodega was the classic bodega (minus the cat). That bodega was my second home because when I got picked up from school, I would go to the bodega which was just a few blocks away from my school and a block away from my house. I’d spend the entire afternoon at the very back of the store where I watched PBS kids and do my homework after 5:00 and just hang out until closing time, which was around 9:30pm. Saturday morning was my favorite day because I got to help by bringing in deliveries from Jetro and putting the prices on items with the price label gun. Even though that bodega has been closed since 2007, I still remember the entire layout like the back of my hands, like the cherry red floor tiles and the beige yellow replacement tile with some of it even being chipped off on aisle 3. Aisle 3 had all of the bodega fridges lined up on the right side, starting with the pepsi branded fridge, coke branded fridge and the standard bodega fridges in the back. At the very front of aisle 3 was a small door that led to the counter with a hand operated pencil sharpener near the door and behind the counter were four shelves that had my toy cars which had a sign that said “Cars are not for sale”. My favorite area to play with my cars were behind the candy shelves that were on the counter because I liked playing in private. Customers could hardly see me behind the candy shelves and it was very dim, but I could see them.

1. Was Thorwald planning on escaping or commit suicide by jumping?
2. Did everyone living there all had their neighbors phone numbers? Was Thorwald calling everyone else or he knew from the beginning that it was Jeff?