Two of the major differences between the movie and the story would have to be the characters and character traits. In the story Jeffries’ housekeeper is a male who is named Sam and in the movie, the person taking care of Jeffries is an older female named Stella. In the movie Jeffries personal life comes more into light more than in the story. In the story, his personal life is barely or not even mentioned and in the movie we find out that Jeffries is a photographer and Lisa is introduced in the movie as well. Both Lisa and Jeffries seem to be in a relationship of some sort. Lisa is not mentioned in the story, so the introduction of Lisa and their relationship and character swap of Stella and Sam are some of those major differences that you can see right away. As for the minor differences, the settings where slightly different, in the story the people lived in houses and in the movie they lived in apartment buildings. When I read the short story, I pictured a suburban area and in the movie, it is more of an urban area like New York City. Another minor difference was in the story when Jeffries saw a single mother putting her child to sleep and leaving for work, the movie does not show this part in the movie, I am assuming they replaced them with just a single lady that was dancing in her apartment.