One place that I can describe in great detail is my old apartment. This was the first home I had when I migrated from Jamaica to America, it’s one home to  never forget. I can remember seeing tall buildings you could imagine those buildings where it’s going to fall on you. I lived on the 6th floor which is the top top floor and I can look through my barricaded windows at other tall buildings, when I look down and see people it’s as if I’m looking at ants that’s how tall the building was. It was a pretty long block, and school was around the corner from my home. It was  walking distance which was fun going and coming from school because everyday was an adventure. My favorite part of the apartment was the hallways, there were other children who would come out with me and my brother’s and we would play all kind of games like hide and seek, tag; we would play in the hallways because the floors were marbled tiles and no one would complain of us making noise over their heads. The walls were a cream off-white color, with a touch burgundy on the elevator. Before you enter the building you would see these beautiful red roses, and freshly planted green plants. Those plants and roses gave a calm nice vibes as you enter the building. As I sit in front the window I could look up and see the beautiful blue sky with the sun shinning into the living room . I would sit there take in the sun and just listen to the noise of cars passing by. It was a one way street so you would hear cars honking and people yelling at each other to move or dogs barking when they see other dogs or people passing by. That living room spot by the window was my go to spot, sometimes I do wish I could go back sit there take in the sun, noise and sky.

In the short story “It Had to Be Murder” by Cornell Woolrich after reading there were a few question that came across my mind. Where did Mr. Thorwald know to look? What happened to the wife after people knew she left town due to her health? Does the neighbors have each other’s numbers?